Monday, April 27, 2015

Sorry Mom

Who knew raising an almost 16 year old girl would be this hard? If you ask me she's still 15. She says she's already 16. She still has 30 days before her birthday. It's a matter of perspective.

I don't think I'm that strict of a parent. My daughters are not allowed to date or be alone with boys until their 16. It's not a religious choice. More of a 'I don't want to be a grandma at 37' choice. I just want my girls to be old enough to be able to make better choices before I throw them to the wolves.

My daughter thinks this rule is "stupid' and she has chosen to not follow it. Thus my headache today. She went to the park with her sister, and SURPRISE her boyfriend was there. What a coincidence. Her sister got mad because she was being ignored and left. She stayed. So now because of her decision to act like a grown woman and decide to not follow the rules, she's grounded until her birthday. Hmm, don't think that went the way she wanted it to go. It wouldn't be such a strict grounding if this wasn't the 46389756 incidence similar to this that has happened in the past year or so. Drastic times, drastic measures.

I like to think I wasn't this defiant with my own mother. I am sure I probably was. I'm sorry Mom. I'm sorry that I made you cry at night and wonder where you went wrong. Sorry I was such a brat. Sorry I didn't listen and know  you were just trying to take care of me. Sorry I made you want to smack me.

I understand now.

No comments:

Post a Comment