Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What object explains you?

I am in college full time. At 37. It's definitely hard to do with kids in a job.

Public Service Announcement: Stay in school. It's much easier the first time.

I am doing an assignment for my presentation skills course. I have to write a 2-3 minute speech. For the speech I have to find an object that best describes me. What? Um, yeah, I don't even know. Object? I have spent 3 days thinking about it and have come up with nothing so far.

My mom said pick an easy chair. Not funny mom. There goes your Mother's Day present. Probably birthday too.

My teacher gave us an example. The lady picked a basketball. She said she was well rounded and had a tough exterior. I'm sure I'll get in trouble for stealing her idea.

I don't think pain in the ass is an actual object. Neither is stubborn, middle aged, bitch. Although I could try. I am good at describing who I am. I am a mother, sister, daughter, fiance, friend, cook, student, caregiver and mentor. How can I find an object that describes even half of that?

So I ask you. If you could find an object that described you, what would it be? Can you find an object that represents the very essence of what you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment